PANGAIA x COSTA BRAZIL
We’ve teamed up with eco-beneficial beauty line COSTA BRAZIL to create a capsule collection in support of the Amazon Rainforest and its indigenous communities.
What's happening in the Amazon Rainforest?
While climate change and human activity threaten the Amazon Rainforest, Covid-19 threatens the vulnerable indigenous communities that live within it and the Amazon fears the loss of its guardians and gatekeepers too.
That’s why PANGAIA x COSTA BRAZIL are joining forces to donate 100% of collected proceeds to Amazon Forever, a campaign spearheaded by Conservation International and BrazilFoundation to bring vital aid to rural areas of the Amazon. Because protecting mother nature means protecting those who put mother nature first.
“Repetition takes one to a contemplative state; a spacious place where our being can experience authentic weightlessness. While reflecting on the collaboration, the repetition of the phrase “Amazonia Forever”, became a seed of optimism; the spirit of solidarity and perseverance to combat climate change.” - Nick Theobald
Why does the Amazon need our help?
The Amazon Rainforest is the richest and most biologically diverse ecosystem in the world. It is home to 10% of the world’s species and over 30 million indigenous peoples. It absorbs much of the world’s CO2 emissions and produces oxygen along the way. To some, it is known as the ‘lungs of our planet’ but now, it's more vulnerable than ever before.
Some key facts
• 132 indigenous tribes have been infected with Covid-19 according to COIAB*, most of which do not have access to medical supplies and PPE
• The rate of infection is rising rapidly and aid is not reaching the communities in need quickly enough
• The Amazon is the biggest deforestation front in the world
• Did you know? Between 90-140 billion metric tons of carbon is stored in the Amazon Rainforest
* Source: Coordenação das Organizações Indígenas da Amazonia Brasilieira
The limited-edition collection includes Recycled Cotton Hoodies and Organic Cotton T-shirts in both Off-White and Stone, with artwork by American contemporary artist Nick Theobald, commissioned by Francisco Costa himself, printed on the back. Read our exclusive interview with Francisco Costa here.